The LAKER Academic Success Center provides advising and academic support services to over 500 GVSU student-athletes who are participating in the 20 NCAA and GLIAC sanctioned sports at Grand Valley State University. While the primary focus is on academic advising, the LAKER Academic Center also connects student athletes with all of the available resources at GVSU.
LAKER Academic Success Center Principles and Framework – Development of Programs
The LAKER Academic Center welcomes student-athletes to Grand Valley State University. The LAKER Academic Center strives to empower the student athlete to:
- Explore options and identify resources to make informed decisions in an ever-changing environment.
- Identify personal strengths to achieve goals and fulfill potential.
- Promote individual responsibility and encourage self-determination.
- Participate fully in the life of both the collegiate community and the community at large.
- Remove obstacles to exploration, leadership, self-expression, and creativity toward value clarification, philosophical development, and personal growth.
- Achieve a balanced sense of emotional, physical, spiritual, and intellectual well-being.
- 1,657 Faculty Members
- 92% of regular faculty member have earned their doctorate or other terminal degree
- 81 undergraduate degrees
- 32 graduate degrees
- 4,000 + study abroad programs available to GVSU students
- 331 student organizations and growing